© 2017 All rights reserved
You can book your tickets for the Samurai Art Museum by either visiting our online shop or buying them directly at the museum during the museum opening times.
The regular tickets are available at the cash desk in front of the museum entrance.
We recommend that you book online since the museum has a limited capacity of 25 visitors at any one time. Pre-booking is the only way to guarantee entry at the time of your choice. You can book a ticket for a specified time slot from our online shop on this website. This guarantees entry to the museum for the date booked. You can choose between two entry times for that date, either from 2pm to 4pm or from 4pm to 6pm. Please note that tickets are only valid for the date booked.
|Children under 12 years||Free of charge|
The museum’s concession discount applies to the following: Students, people on training apprenticeships, people undertaking a volunteer social year or Federal volunteers service, senior citizens, ecipients of unemployment benefit (ALG I or ALG II), and people with disabilities. Proof of eligibility is required.
The museum has full disabled access. Please speak to a member of staff should you require assistance. We are happy to help.
The museum is closed on public German holidays:
Good Friday (03/30/2018)
Easter Sunday (04/01/2018)
Pentecost Sunday (05/20/2018)
German Unity Day (10/03/2018)
Second day of Christmas (12/26/2018)
Guided tours for groups in German and in English are also available on request during the normal opening times. A guided tour of 60 min for groups of max. about 25 people is available for 80 EUR plus admission.
Please contact us for further information.
U-Bahn station: Oskar-Helene-Heim
For further information, please call during opening times:
(0049) (0) 30 213 00 27 80
Pay and display parking (for cars) is available in the car park on the premises. The entrance is next to Villa Clay.
The Samurai Art Museum would like to ensure your visit is as enjoyable as possible, while assuming our responsibilities towards valuable works of art. We therefore politely request you to observe our visitor regulations. Our staff is encouraged to ensure that these regulations are respected, and we ask you to follow their instructions where necessary.
• To protect the works of art, all indoor and outdoor spaces are monitored by CCTV. The museum and all museum items are fitted with an alarm system.
• Rucksacks, bags, and any other personal items larger than an A4 sheet of paper present a security risk and must therefore be deposited before entering the museum. The museum accepts no responsibility for loss and or damage to deposited items. These items may be deposited free of charge.
• Photography and video recording, both professional and private, are not permitted. We would like to remind you that the publication of photographic material online, e.g. on social media, does not constitute private usage and is therefore an infringement of copyright. Consent must be given by the Samurai Art Museum for any commercial or professional photography or video recording. Please contact us for further information.
• In the interest of maintaining a pleasant environment for all our visitors, please keep your phone on silent and do not make any phone calls when you are in the museum.
• Exhibits may vary for reasons related to the running of the museum. We therefore thank you for your understanding should one or more items not be on display.
•Since children are usually not familiar with museum regulations, please do not leave children under 12 years unattended.
•Eating, drinking and smoking are not permitted in the museum or Villa Clay.
• We regret that animals are not permitted in the museum or Villa Clay. Please keep dogs on a lead in the outdoor area.
Responsible for the content:
The Samurai Art Museum
Clayallee 225 D
Tel. (0049) (0) 30 213 27 80
Managing director: Peter Janssen
Commercial register entry: 186873B
Local court: Charlottenburg
Fotografie: Exhibits by Manfred-M. Sackmann / Museum by Ruben. W. Meier
Design & programming: www.grandshapes.com
We take your personal data protection very seriously. We treat your personal data confidentially and according to legal data protection regulations, as well as according to this privacy statement.
The use of our website is usually possible without providing personal information. As far as it is possible, personal data (for example, name, address or email address) will be collected on our websites on a voluntary basis. This data will not be passed on to third parties without your express consent.
We wish to point out that there are inherent safety risks in transmitting data over the internet (e.g. communicating by email). It is not possible to completely protect data against access from third parties.
SERVER LOG FILES
The service provider of the websites automatically collects and stores information in so called server log files, which are automatically transferred to us by your browser. These are: browser type and browser version, the operating system used, referrer URL, hostname of the accessing computer and time of server request.
This data cannot be traced to specific persons. This data will not be merged with other data sources. We reserve the right to check this data at any time, if there is concrete evidence to suggest illegal use.
We would like to point out that the information on this website may contain technical or content errors, and we reserve the right to update these websites at any time without prior notice.
The content of this website may not be copied, distributed, changed or made accessible to any third party for commercial purposes. All published works or parts of works found on this website, for example, texts, illustrations or images, are protected by copyright. Any further publication, duplication, distribution or other use of all or part of these requires the written consent of the Samurai Art Museum.
The Samurai Art Museum complies with the applicable data protection laws in the collection, use and processing of personal data. All personal data provided by you is only used internally, for example, to answer your questions or to process your orders.
This website may contain hyperlinks from third party websites. The Samurai Art Museum explicitly dissociates itself from the content of these websites and is not responsible for their content.